UNAUTHORIZED USE OF WATER SERVICES:
Tampering with any water service, obtaining or attempting to obtain water service without payment are punishable under Virginia Law.
- It is the policy of Stripers Landing Water Company to ensure revenue from services supplied to customers is accounted for. Any devices used to illegally remove water from Stripers Landing Water Company shall be confiscated. All investigations and contacts with customers and/or property owners involved will be done in a professional manner.
- Penalties for tampering with and or damaging water service will be assessed as follows:
First Violation $1,000.00
Second Violation $2,000.00
Third and Subsequent $3,000.00
- In the event the offender has not paid the initial hook up fee to the Stripers Landing Water Company, the $2,500.00 fee will be charged.
- In addition to the fines for tampering, the offender will be billed for all water estimated by Stripers Landing Comprehensive, Board of Directors to have been withdrawn from the water system. Any authorized company and equipment utilized in completing work necessary to investigate and perform repairs will be included in the billing. Any other parties hired to be involved with investigation and prosecution of offender will be included in the billing.
- In the event of failure to pay by the offender Stripers Landing Comprehensive Association will use any means necessary to collect, including but not limited to: filing a lien against real property.
- Stripers Landing Comprehensive Association reserves the right to pursue criminal charges in addition to fines and actual costs associated with the theft.