Clean-up Day is the first Saturday in May which is May 3, 2014. We need all Condo property owners to meet at the Striper’s Landing Condominium property to assist with our annual preparations for summer and clean-up of the grounds and property. Please mark this important day on your calendar.
We have some improvements coming this summer which will enhance the property and make your stays at the lake much more enjoyable.
- We are getting a new ice machine
- Work will be done for better drainage on parking lots and grass areas
- We are placing new grills at the Cabana
- We will also have a new updated security system installed
We look forward to these improvements and to our day of clean-up which always includes lots of fun, food, and beverages – so join us on May 3, 2014.
Don’t forget that our Condo and Comprehensive Board meetings are held the first Saturday of each month and everyone is encouraged and welcome to attend. Comp meetings are held at Hagar Insurance on Route 122 at 8am and Condo meetings are held at 9:30am at Striper’s Landing unit 301 (meetings are subject to change without advance notice so check with Board members if in question).
Summer weather is almost here!
After much rain and snow this winter, it’s a welcome time of year. We’re looking forward to all of the great fun on the lake this year.
Enjoy the spring days ahead because summer won’t be far behind. We’ll see you on the lake at Striper’s Landing!
It won’t be long before spring is here and everything on Smith Mountain Lake comes alive again!
Remember to set your clocks forward one hour on Sunday morning, March 9th, 2014 at 2 a.m. (or before you go to bed on Saturday night!). This extra hour of daylight means more daylight for outdoor activities and what better place to enjoy being outdoors than at the Striper’s Landing Resort?
We hope you’ve had a healthy and fun winter. As we prepare for the upcoming spring and summer season at the lake, please remember to start cleaning up debris and limbs left by winter storms. Watch for more information on a clean-up day at Striper’s Landing.
It’s hard to believe that summer is past and we’re moving into the colder months of winter. As we approach the winter months, it’s time to take preventive measures and avoid costly repairs down the road!
These tips will save you money and headaches later:
- Make sure all repairs are made before winter weather hits.
- Check furnace filters to make sure they are clean and clear.
- Check hot water tanks for any leaks and make sure they are in good working condition. A leak will may not only affect your condo, but those around you too!
- Check for drafts and openings around doors and windows and repair them to keep the cold air out.
- Check pipes for any leaks or weak points and repair them to avoid water damage.
- Keep your heat setting on a low heat temperature even if you’re not staying at your condo. This will keep pipes from freezing and bursting.
Have a safe and healthy fall and winter!
Happy Memorial Day to Stripers Landing residents and guests!
It’s a little cool for the water, but that didn’t stop everyone from taking the plunge. This year will be another fun time on the lake at Striper’s Landing. The trees are providing a canopy of shade from the impending hot sun to come, and the flowers are blooming around the property. Take a few minutes to spruce up around your condominium’s exterior as we prepare for summer.
- Remember that all Comprehensive dues and boat slip fees are due, along with quarterly Condo dues. Boat Slip is forfeited if dues are not paid by January 31, 2013. It’s important for all residents to keep dues paid and current so their families and guests can enjoy the amenities of Stripers Landing throughout the year.
- Stripers Landing Clean Up Day is scheduled for the first Saturday in May. May 4, 2013 is the big day when our families and their friends gather to clean up the property and create a welcoming place for warmer months ahead. Plan to join us for some clean-up and even a little fun!
- New officers of the Board of Directors will be posted soon. A new meeting schedule is being finalized and we will update our Stripers Landing website as soon as information is available. The February Board Meeting is scheduled for February 2, 2013.
With all of the snow and rain so far, the Smith Mountain Lake level is rising nicely. And of course, a little help from AEP made a difference. If you’re interested in more details, just click here.
And since the water levels are rising, it’s time to start thinking about boating on the lake!
One of the biggest events at Smith Mountain Lake is the Annual Roanoke Boat Show. Every boat dealer on the lake offers a huge selection of boats and boating products.
Admission is $7.50 for adults and children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adults. And for even greater savings – FREE Admission Friday is back!
For more information, visit the website.
Southwest Boat Dealers Association
Roanoke Boat Show
Date: February 22-24, 2013
Friday: 1-7 PM
Saturday: 10-7 PM
Sunday: 10-5 PM
It’s hard to believe that winter is just around the corner and the holidays are in full force now. No matter which holidays you celebrate, enjoy them and stay safe.
It’s also time to start thinking about winterizing your property to make sure pipes don’t freeze and everything stays in good working order. A thorough check of your property to avoid leaks through windows and doors will also help with heating. Be sure to keep heat set at a low temperature even if you’re not staying in your condo to avoid pipes from freezing.
These tips will save you money and headaches:
- Check and make sure all repairs are made before winter descends on Striper’s Landing.
- Check furnace filters to make sure they are clean and clear.
- Check hot water tanks for any leaks and make sure they are in good working order.
- Check around doors and windows and repair any openings that allow cold air in and warm air to escape.
Have a safe and healthy holiday.
Here are the latest updates on what’s going on at Striper’s Landing.
Repairs on the condominiums are still in progress from the recent storm. The roof is already completed and new water meters have been installed. Some walkways have been replaced with new cement for a permanent solution.
There are still many repairs ongoing throughout the summer until all damages have been repaired. Thank you for your patience as we work through these repairs and updates. We will keep you updated on progress.
New PWC Laws
Due to new Game and Inland Fishery laws, anyone operating a personal water craft (PWC) must complete a safety course as of July 1, 2012. This is a nationally mandated requirement. Please check the GIF website for other boating requirements.
Also, please be sure all dues are paid promptly to avoid having your access card deactivated. If cards are deactivated, all past past dues, fees, and penalties must be repaid in order to have card reactivated. This process can take as long as two weeks or more. Your dues are important for the general maintenance of the facility. If you have questions regarding your account, contact Ken Gibbs about balance due information and payments.
Security is provided again this year to ensure non-members and unauthorized visitors do not use the property or any of the facilities. Your cooperation with ensuring only authorized visitors utilize the facilities is very much appreciated.
DJ at the Pool
There will be a DJ at the pool from 8:00 p.m. until 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 30, 2012 (and again on Labor Day weekend). Please join us as we celebrate the July 4 holiday early this year.
Have a safe and healthy summer!